If you are reading this article, then it’s because you would love to know the best video players for Windows or Mac PCs. Luckily, we’ve got you covered.
The cinemas are great no doubt, but watching movies and videos on your PC is a form of recreation we all enjoy. It provides a kind of privacy and escapism from the real-life hullabaloo and gives you fun.
Even though PCs come with their video player software, it is still noteworthy to state, that, there are equally great video players out there you can download either for free or for a small fee, and they will give you a cinematic experience and several excellent ways to view your videos memorably.
These video players for windows and Mac also support a variety of file formats, e.g. MLV, AVI, FLV, MOV etc. So, Press play and hop along with us as we explore the 10 best video players for Windows and Mac.
Best Video Players For Windows and Mac PCs – Top 10
1. VLC Player
Top of our list is the VLC player. Developed by the VideoLAN project and released in February 2001, this video player is one of the oldest, yet, reliable video players in the world. It is very popular, and we highly recommend it for the following reasons:
- It is free, open-source and very easy to use.
- Supports most forms of video formats, even without the use of external codecs.
- Supports major online streaming sites like YouTube.
- Fast and easy for novices to use.
- You can watch a video while it is still downloading to determine if the video is worthwhile.
- Despite its minimalist outlook, it gives an enhanced viewing feel.
Lest we forget, this software runs on all windows version.
ALSO, READ; WINDOWS DEFENDER VS BITDEFENDER 2021
2. KM Player
Initially developed by Gang Yonghui and acquired by Pandora TV, the KM player is one of the best there is. Dubbed “Mr Play everything” of video players, this player, surely lives up to its name.
Here are the reasons this player made it to our list of best video players for Windows;
- It can play virtually all video files.
- It is easy to use.
- Gives its users the privilege of editing the subtitles.
- It has an inbuilt codec hence you don’t need to search for another one.
- High definition videos can be viewed with zilch interference.
- Has excellent features that makes it highly customisable.
- And lastly, the presence of easy shortcuts makes it the video player to use this year.
3. GOM Player
Developed by the South Korean company Gretech Corporation, this freeware video player is widely known for its simple, yet, robust outlook. In addition to giving you the cinematic experience when watching movies, the Gretech online media player is a must-have player for the following reasons:
- It plays broken files and damaged files.
- Allows you to watch your video in 360-degree, that is, up, down, right or left.
- Supports most popular mainstream video formats.
- For the videos, it cannot play locally; it will use the file format’s GUID to direct you to where you can download an external Codec that can be used to play the file.
- You can download substitutes for movies in any language of your choice.
- It has advanced filters that allow the user to customise his/her screen view.
- Lest we forget, it has a clean, colourful and straightforward interface.
4. 5K Player
Looking for a video player that is perfect for online streaming?- this player is ideal for you. This media player is a perfect symphony of a video player, online video music downloader and an air player, sender and receiver. Below are the reasons why we love this video player:
- It plays virtually all kinds of videos without plug-ins.
- It offers great streaming options and lets you import videos from Facebook, MTV, YouTube etc.
- In addition to basic file formats, this player also supports WMV, MTS/M2TS, Web M. and H.265/264.
- It has built-in Airplay support.
- Perfect video downloader for many sites.
- Lastly, it performs with no hassles.
5. Pot Player
Developed by Kakao, a South Korean based Internet company. This, not so famous, video player made it to our list of best video players for Windows PC for the following reasons.
- It is highly customisable, and you can personalise to your taste.
- You can bookmark your favourite scenes and preview.
- Supports almost all file formats.
- It provides enhanced audio performance.
- It has incredible filters for audio and visual effects.
- It also has a clean interface.
6. Plex Player
Dubbed the best app for Home theatre PCs, the plex player is one of the best video players for Windows and Mac Computers, and we love it for the following reasons:
- Has excellent playback features of FLV and F4V
- Help you to organise your video library.
- 100% secured with encryption.
- It supports virtually all video formats you can think of like XVID, Matroska, H.265/264, WMV and Web M.
7. DivX Player
Created by DivX LLC., this is one player with built-in codecs that we highly recommend.
Below are features of DivX video player:
- It supports most video formats, including Div X and XVID.
- It delivers high-quality playback of videos in 4K/5K/8k.
- It gives the opportunity of streaming videos in any DLNA-compatible device.
- Lots of customisation options.
- Easy to use with zilch hassles.
- It has an excellent interface.
8. UM Player
This absolute freeware product makes it on our list of best video players for PC. It has incredible features, such as:
- Able to play all manner of damaged or incomplete files with little or no hitches.
- It has a powerful built-in codec.
- It possesses customisable hotkeys
- It supports virtually all sorts of file formats such as MKV, FLV, AVI, Matroska, Vorbis, MP4 and real media.
- Although, It is advanced, yet, it is simple to use and has an easy to navigate interface.
- It runs on most windows version.
9. Media Player Classic- Home Cinema
This freeware is an updated windows video player, hence, runs on Windows OS. It is quite popular and has its share of fans for the following reasons:
- Supports virtually all types of media file such as WAV, MIDI, MPG, VOB, AC3, CDA and MP4 without additional codecs.
- Has advanced hardware rendering capabilities.
- It is lightweight and will most definitely use less of your computer resources.
- It has customisable toolbars which gives it an edge over many video players.
- It can play 8K videos and videos in a 360-degree format.
- Lastly, it has an attractive and simple interface which you will definitely love.
10. Elmedia Player
Last but not least is the Elmedia player. This superb player with great features is only available for Mac PCs, yet it is must-have for the following reasons:
- Plays virtually all file formats from FLV, MOV, FLAV to M4V, this player is one very versatile one.
- It has excellent playback with no hassles.
- You can adjust the visual effects, e.g. brightness, colour, saturation etc. to your taste.
- Users can organise their playlists and video library impressively.
- It supports subtitle in any language, font and colour.
- You can watch videos online and take screenshots of scenes in the video.
And that’s our list of ten best video players for Windows and Mac. From VLC to Elmedia, we have explored each of the features these video players have.
We hope this article was a great read and was helpful to you. Kindly join the discussion and share with us your all-time best video players for PC.
Last Updated on May 25, 2021 by RichTechy