If you want to limit costs and streamline your budget, ditching cable TV and finding a glitch-free online streaming app is a good starting point.
Just because you aren’t paying for a traditional TV decoder doesn’t mean you have to abandon your favourite shows. There are numerous free entertainment options available as long as you have an internet connection, a streaming device, and a television.
The collection of locast app alternatives in this list will allow you to watch free TV shows from some of your favourite networks. This includes the majority of major broadcast networks as well as some cable networks.
Most of the streaming apps on this list provides free service, while others charge a fee (like CBS). On the other hand, the following apps likr Locast provide some great content, both on-demand and live, without requiring any payment.
7 Top Locast Alternatives
1. ABC – Live TV
The ABC app allows you to watch the most recent episodes of your favourite ABC shows, watch on the go, and stream live TV.
Why you would love ABC – Live TV
- Create a free account to save your favourites, continue watching where you left off, and sync your preferences across multiple devices to improve your viewing experience!
- Tune in to live TV to catch your morning dose of GMA, nightly news, and must-see events such as college football games and The Oscars®.
- Watch your favourite shows whenever and wherever you want, whether you’re on the train or the treadmill.
You can visit ABC TV here.
2. Amazon Prime Video
Watch movies and TV shows which have been recommended to you, including Amazon Originals such as the Hunters, The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs., and the children’s series Tumble Leaf.
Why you would love Amazon Prime
- Directly watch on your Apple TV by downloading the tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or more)
- View IMDb information about actors, songs, and trivia for videos as you watch them with an X-Ray.
- Chromecast and Fire TV allow you to cast from your phone or tablet to the big screen.
- Download videos to watch them offline — wherever you are, whenever you want.
You’re going to fall in love with Prime, its everyone’s favourite streaming platform, and they cover tons of shows you might want to watch.
You can visit Amazon Prime here.
Looking for the most talked-about television shows and films from around the world? They’re all available on Netflix.
They have award-winning television shows, films, documentaries, and stand-up specials. And with the mobile app, you can watch Netflix while travelling, commuting, or simply taking a break.
Why you would love Netflix
- They are constantly synchronizing TV shows and movies. Browse new titles or search for old favourites, then stream videos directly to your device.
- The more you watch, the better Netflix becomes at recommending TV shows and movies that you’ll enjoy.
- An account can have up to five profiles. Profiles allow different members of your household to have their own personalized Netflix experience.
- Enjoy a kid-friendly viewing experience with family-friendly entertainment.
- Make a backup of your data. Download movies to your mobile device and watch them whenever and wherever you want.
Netflix membership is a monthly subscription that starts when you sign up. You can cancel at any time, online, 24 hours a day. There are no long-term contracts, and there are no cancellation fees. They simply want you to enjoy what you watch.
You can visit Netflix here.
Thousands of hit movies and TV shows are available for free viewing. Tubi is a completely legal unlimited streaming service that does not require credit cards or a subscription. Tubi is a low-cost option if you want to save money.
Choose what you want to watch and when you want to watch it, with fewer advertisements than traditional television. Tubi is the world’s largest free streaming service, with award-winning movies and TV shows.
Why you would love Tubi
- Chromecast and Airplay allow you to cast to your TV.
- Look through unique categories, such as their “Not on Netflix” section.
- Free access to the biggest stars, movies, and TV shows (series).
- Sync your account across online devices such as Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon.
Use Tubi today and enjoy completely free entertainment at its peak.
You can visit Tubi here.
5. CBS TV Network
Aside from hosting a massive backlog of your favourite TV shows, it’s also the only way to watch original series in the US as they air.
Live sports streams and local press coverage are also available through the service. CBS All Access may not provide enough content to make it mandatory for general audiences, but the monthly fee is likely to be reasonable for fans of specific CBS shows.
Why you would love CBS
- Streaming of live television (news and NFL games)
- Affordable monthly prices
- Big inventory of TV shows
The answer to any CBS fan’s prayers is a subscription to Paramount+ (Another name for CBS). You can watch live TV channels, popular TV shows, classic TV shows, original content, and on-demand movies for the price of a cup of coffee.
You can visit CBS here.
Roku pioneered streaming for television and aspires to power every television globally; learn about the must-have app for streamers.
Why you would love Roku
- Voice search is available in the English language. You get to voice search your favourite TV shows instead of searching, providing more comfort.
- Cast media files from your phone to your TVs, such as videos and photos.
- The Roku Channel allows you to watch free movies, live TV, and other content on the go.
- Utilize headphones for private listening.
Note: To use certain mobile app features, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Some features necessitate the use of a Roku device and may require you to log in to your Roku account.
Disney+ is the streaming destination for your favorite stories. You’ll never be bored with endless and intriguing entertainment from Disney. Watch the most recent releases, original series and films, classic films, throwback TV shows, and much more.
Why you would love Disney+
- Over 100 titles are available in 4K UHD and HDR.
- You can group watch Disney+, keeping you and your family together even when you’re apart
- Downloads are available on up to ten devices at no additional charge.
- You can simultaneously watch on four screens at no extra cost
- Enjoy an ad-free watching experience
There’s always something new to discover, so begin streaming your favorite movies and TV shows right away!
Locast Alternatives (Summary)
Congratulations, you made it to the very end and didn’t hurry away, now you can try any of the streaming service apps on this list of best apps like locast; most of them are free to use while you will need to pay a small fee to use some.
The majority of the apps like locast on this list are only available to USA residents except for Netflix.
Last Updated on June 1, 2021 by RichTechy